April 24, 2026 - Friday



We got school done in the morning and then got ready for D&D. I was *this* close to cancelling it, but when Christina told me her littler kids weren't coming, I decided to still do it. I don't mind the teens hanging out in the other room. The overwhelming part of it is knowing a bunch of moms are going to stay and bring all of their kids to hang out at my house while their older siblings to D&D. It's really just too freaking much. I never intended for this to be a social time for me or the littler kids. And yet, here I am, in this extremely uncomfortable position. Christina always asks first, but I don't really feel like I have the option to say no to her kids coming over. She does not understand what it's like to not want to be around tons of people all of the time. She is the least understanding person I think I have ever met in my life when it comes to people not liking the same things as her. It's incredible, truly. I feel like I have to explain it to her over and over and over again. BUT, when she came to drop Jaxon off, she brought me wine, and flowers, and Mounds bars, and a coloring book, just because she knows how sad I've been lately. It was so kind! But I still feel so frustrated with her. I wanted to sit and play my video game while the kids hung out, but ended up talking to Sam the whole time instead. I wish I hadn't had to do that, but she put away her book and computer and sat looking at me, so it was obvious that I had to be social! 😭 

I tried to cancel for the ladies spa night tonight, but Christina was very insistent that I NEEDED to go for a little while, at least, so I did. I did not want to. At all. Of course, I ended up getting there first--by almost an hour--so I was ready to leave by the time people started showing up. There was lots of good food and the self-care activities were fun. But as soon as my foot spa and face mask were done, I headed out. It was nice to be around people for a little while, but I was really wanting my covers and the comfort of my home. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday