May 8, 2026 - Friday



Ben had to head back out to Marietta today. Things are looking really bad for his dad right now. They're not sure he'll survive the weekend. He left early this morning and Bumper joined him this evening. Patrick and Ali are supposed to come tomorrow, and Dawn doesn't think she can make it out at all...but nobody can understand why or what's going on with her. Ben is distraught. I wish there were something I could do to help him through this. He doesn't want me to come out because he feels like it's too stressful to have the kids here and he'll be too worried about them if we both go out and leave them with someone. I get it, but I don't think the kids would be upset to hang out with friends for the day. I'll just wait until he wants me out there with him, though, then we'll figure it out. 

We had planned to have a little birthday celebration for Ruby with the small group tonight. I had considered enlarging it, originally, but she said she'd be worried about her other friends not knowing these friends and felt like it would make her feel divided. Today, I thought about just cancelling the dang thing after the panic Ben left in this morning and the terrible news from the hospital. But, even though Ruby handled the discussion as selflessly as she possibly could have, I decided to move forward with it anyway. I prepped most of the food yesterday and all of the small group ladies started a group text thread to figure out how they could help me. They did all of the shopping I had left, came over early, set everything up, made food, had their husbands come over to set up canopies and chairs, and picked up the Rita's I ordered too. I couldn't have done it without so many hands helping out! I feel so grateful to them for their support today. And the party did go really well. Ruby felt super loved, got some great gifts, and nobody even got mad at me for making their children stay outside in the rain because I didn't want the house to get dirty. 😅 At the end of the night, everyone gathered together to pray for Ben and his dad. It was really sweet and meaningful to me. Nobody wanted to leave until we all got to pray together. It was very moving. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday