May 22, 2026 - Friday
Ben got about 100 calls overnight and missed them, so when he finally did wake up to pee, he saw them and rushed out of the house around 5:30 to get to Marietta. Hazel left a VM saying that Dennis was coding and he needed to get there asap. When he got there, he learned that he wasn’t actually coding, but his heart rate had dropped by 40bpm suddenly and they were very concerned. It climbed back up though. Ben had a tough day visiting with him. It’s so hard for him to see his dad like this, completely helpless and miserable. It feels like the life is just fading out of him.
Meanwhile, I stayed home and packed for the beach, not even knowing if we’ll be able to leave tomorrow morning! It was hectic, but I managed to get us packed and to clean the house. By the time Ben got home, I was basically ready. He packed up food for the drive, and I just kind of sat for a while, zoned out and exhausted. Excited and nervous to take this trip!
*Clem and I got to take a quick Starbucks date today.

Comments
Post a Comment