May 5, 2026 - Tuesday


* Jonas showing off his new glasses. :)

I got a text from MJ today, telling me to call her when I get a chance. So, I called while we were all in the car and I could tell she was just wasting time until everyone else got out. I sat in the car and talked to her for a long time as she explained how dad fell for a scam, contacted a hacker, and forwarded all of their money to him. They have nothing left. I'm just at a complete loss right now. I'm so angry, flabbergasted, and desperate feeling for them. There's nothing at all that I can do to help. They've already spoken to the police, the bank, and everyone else they can think of, and they'll never get the money back...at least that seems to be the general consensus. Of course, Ben and I feel like if we'd had some idea of what was going on in their everyday lives, maybe we could have stepped in and told my dad not to respond to that initial text. But they're 500 miles away and we talk to them a couple of times a week. We couldn't have known. My poor dad is so ashamed of himself, so embarrassed. I wish I could help! Also, needless to say, really, they won't be able to get this house that they were looking at as if it was their future financial security. They're both so, very sad to have to stay in that rental and, honestly, that's sad for us too. We hate it there. It's just too small and we don't really fit. Ben also never seems to be able to sleep when we're there. This whole thing is such a disaster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday