May 21, 2026 - Thursday


I’m feeling a lot of pressure to get packed, but it was a pretty busy day, so I couldn’t do much. Jonas needed to be at the Columbus State Dublin testing center at 10 for his placement tests for college courses. I had absolutely no idea how long it would take, so I didn’t feel comfortable leaving. I imagined it would take 45min to an hour, but when an hour had passed, it was way too late to leave and run errands…just in case! Then two hours went by and I was kicking myself for sitting in that damn parking lot all morning. FINALLY, a half hour after that, Jonas was done. He was pretty disappointed in himself, because he thought he would have done better than he did. I tried to reassure him that nobody would expect an 8th grader to get higher scores than that - these tests were designed for people who are 18+. I think he felt better, but he loves to feel like the smartest guy on earth, so it was a little blow to his ego. I took him out for a super quick lunch date at Bibibop and then dropped him off at home and headed to Grove City for my hair appt. I’ve been feeling a little frustrated with Brienna lately, but it actually went very well. She knows my hair preferences and it didn’t take nearly as long as usual, so that was good. Still just super expensive though! My hair is SUPER blonde right now and she added a little purple, which I love. 

Oh, we decided to go with the company that quoted us today. They talked Ben up to a more advanced AC and furnace system, which drove the price up. Then, we decided to add a whole home humidifier because it’s something we’ve wanted for years. AND we’re going to replace the hot water heater while we’re at it, because we know it won’t be long before that gives up too. All in all, we’re in for $17k. For the low, low monthly payment of $281 for the next five years! I’m sad. Just trying not to think about it because much of this was unavoidable. And we’ll hopefully be glad we have a better system in the years to come. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday