May 6, 2026 - Wednesday


Ben went out to Marietta yesterday to be with his dad. His surgery got moved up, so he was hoping to be there for it. But they ended up not doing the surgery until nighttime, which I thought was so weird. So Ben decided to come home because he had a meeting he couldn't miss this morning. Dennis didn't get out of surgery until midnight and the docs said they'd have to bring him back in today to finish things up because it was more complicated than they were expecting. He's actually still in surgery now. Really hoping this fixes what's been going on! Ben was not feeling positive or optimistic after his visit with him. 

Today was our typical Wednesday, really. BUT it's the last one like this. Ever. Clem is aging out of the Westerville choir, so we won't be going back. She had her nursing home concert today and it was very sweet. I wish we would have stayed and talked to some of the residents for longer, but Clem was clearly uncomfortable. I feel like those folks must be so lonely. I hope they're not as lonely as they seem. Ruby got a ride to her last choir meeting of the year today. Thankfully, Lauren was willing to take her! Then we went to small group, which was pretty good. Ben and I are having a little issue with one of the women in the group. Every week she spouts the same nonsense about how people are disrespecting God by not following the laws and rituals he laid out in the Old Testament, and she just can't understand what is wrong with Christians. I'm like, have you heard of Jesus? Have you read his words??? We just keep going back and forth because Ben and I refuse to sit there silent while she talks misinformed nonsense. And nobody else ever speaks up! Why??

Comments