May 20, 2026 - Wednesday
Well, the dang AC finally gave up. It’s not like it was unexpected, but I feel like Ben really cannot handle the additional stress right now! I called four companies this morning and three came today to give us quotes. The very lowest was $11.5k. Insane!!! I was sure it would be $8k-ish, but man was I wrong. I’m so sad about it. Of course, we’ll have to get financing just to get it replaced. We’re going to wait until we get our last quote tomorrow to make our decision though.
We went to small group in the evening and it was good. I’m anxious for the day that Ben will actually just let us be somewhere without rushing us out. Will it ever happen? He rushed me home from every CT and HC and it still happens here. It’s just exhausting to always be worried that my husband is displeased because I’m in another conversation when he’s in a rush to get home so he can sit on his ass and stare at his phone. I know that’s an unkind thing to say, but he literally cannot view anything as relaxing besides sitting around on his phone or playing a video game. Every other thing is just a task to get through so that he can get to his prize at the end of the day. It makes me frustrated, but it also makes me sad for him. It’s such a shallow way to recharge and he never even really feels better afterward.

Comments
Post a Comment