September 11, 2026 - Friday
Happy birthday to my Gabey baby. I haven't thought about him a ton today...really just in passing. Sometimes, I wish so desperately that life had been different. That he would have lived, and mom wouldn't have been an alcoholic and died too young, and I hadn't lived a life through the lens of, I don't know, all of that trauma and pain. I know that God has a good plan for my life and that all of those experiences are likely a big part of it, but I still sometimes wish it could have been different and that Gabe could be here still. I really hope he's in Heaven with us at the end. My heart aches to see him again.
Today was a pretty good day. We got our school done in good time, although I did not do our extracurricular. The kids didn't mention it and neither did I. I didn't feel like doing French after lunch! I went back to Christina's again (thank God she lives in the neighborhood!) and put together another bookshelf. I also hung some pictures and a new whiteboard for her. She's got some anxiety about a friend coming over this evening and really, really wants her house to look good before dinner with them. I wish she didn't feel like she needed to impress this friend, especially since she will not be impressed anyway. But I couldn't take the anxiety away. All I could do was try to help her prepare!
After I was done there, I came home and felt pretty anxious, myself. I've been so looking forward to the retreat this weekend, but now I'm feeling really sick (from my cold) and I'm just worried about whether or not it'll still feel like I belong there. I think I will? But I really just don't know. Ben is getting his new car, and the day was scattered with panicked phone calls about credit checks and finance applications and things not working right, then things working well again. His mood has been so up and down, it's been like a roller coaster! So ready for this process to just be over. I'm writing my blog early today...at 5pm, because I know I won't be up for it when I get home tonight. Hoping everything goes really well at the retreat!!!

Comments
Post a Comment