September 3, 2026 - Thursday




The weather predicts this as our only rainy day in Maine this year. I have mixed feelings! I do love the rain, but it keeps us from enjoying the beach as much. So, we had a slow morning in the house, then made it our shopping day in Camden. The kids spent lots of their allowance, making me want to cry, and Ben and I spent none. 

After getting back to the house from shopping, I started right away on dessert prep for our little surprise celebration for MJ tonight. Thank goodness, the cookies turned out great! Then I started dinner, while waiting for dad and Marme to get here with the lobsters. JJ came in to help with the food, but Evie literally just sat on the couch reading. How does a 40-year-old just sit around and wait for other people to make their dinner for them? And then not even volunteer to clean up afterwards?? *sigh* Only Evie. 

Dinner was amazingly delicious though, unlike Claws yesterday. The lobster was perfect, all of the sides turned out really good, and dessert was great too! MJ was not surprised, because dad spilled the beans, but she was still very pleased. Great day! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 27, 2026 - Monday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

July 25, 2026 - Saturday