September 12, 2026 - Saturday


It was a very full yesterday evening and day today. ALL good fullness, but I am exhausted! Last night felt a little awkward at first, but my friends worked hard to make me feel included and like I'm still a natural part of things. We had dinner together, caught up a little, then listened to Patrice's teaching. We split up alphabetically into teams to play trivia. Megan Brown stuck with me, since we were only one table apart anyway :). Our team did not win. Not even close! Haha

In the morning, we had our teaching, some discussion and personal reflection, then a really delicious lunch. After lunch, a couple of the ladies left to go home for a couple of hours. I got to spend an hour and a half with Terracina for the first time in months, then sat and talked with Kaitlyn for a while, then went to a book discussion with Kaitlyn and Rachel. Dust to Dust was a very good book! And it was interesting getting different people's perspectives on it. Then some of us joined Patrice's table for a game for about an hour, then it was dinner time! We got City Barbeque and that has been one of my favorites lately. It was very yum. After dinner, there were a few testimonies (including Cina!). 

The whole weekend gave me a LOT to think about and pray over. The whole theme was lifelong faithfulness, and they outlined five main keys that should help, according to what we can learn from Paul. I want and expect fully to still be a walking believer when I die, and I sure hope that I can spend the rest of my days trying to spread the gospel...hopefully more effectively than I have so far. They talked a lot about friendship though, and as much as I value friendship, it feels like since Ben leaving Dwell, I've barely kept up with my Dwell friends. Not that they've kept up with me...and that is not the point at all! The point is, they ARE still the women I would go to for prayer, for accountability, and for spiritual wisdom and guidance. Walking away from that group may be a detriment to me spiritually. It is so hard for me to imagine still driving out for cell or even HC, but maybe I need to try. I've seen my own growth stalling out since going to Meadow Park, but does it have to stay that way? I feel like there are steps I can take to keep things going in a forward direction. I don't know what I'll do yet, but I do feel like God has given me a lot to consider. I just wish he'd also give me an answer and the strength to carry it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 27, 2026 - Monday

July 27, 2026 - Monday

July 25, 2026 - Saturday