September 16, 2026 - Wednesday
Well, it's hump day. At least the day has that going for it. I'm a little grumpy. I think it's just that time of the month when I start getting mad, which is a bummer. We did school in the morning, during which I snapped on the kids and raised my voice several times. *face palm* Poor Ollie was driving me nuts during our one-on-one reading time.
I went to my hair appt. at 12:45, but it's in Grove City, so I give myself a half hour to get there. I always feel like I'm gone forever! It is a full three hours that I need to be gone to get my hair done. Thankfully, the kids are totally good for three hours at this point, but I remember how bad it used to stress me out. Wednesdays are also really full, so being gone for three hours was tough. My hair looks good though! And it was my hairdressers bday, which was fun. I felt bad for not bringing her a drink though. But I quit Starbucks! And I only know her Starbucks order.
When I got back, I immediately turned around (after doing Ruby's hair) to get the girls to choir. Ollie was feeling pretty apprehensive and when I picked her up, she still didn't seem to be feeling very positive about it. She's just not a joiner sometimes. Ever. But I want her to be! I don't want her to miss out on the good stuff, like I always did when I was a kid. *sigh* I went home for 45 minutes, in between drop off and pick up, to do some dinner prep, get my plants in the ground that have been waiting for weeks, and to print out a last-minute resource for the teaching, a timeline of the book of Revelation. It's pretty awesome. I found it on Etsy for $1.30! Completely worth it.
The teaching went...ok. I'm a little disappointed. I got very little conversation from the group tonight. I still feel like my teaching was good and so were my questions, but people just didn't get into it and didn't engage much. A little hurtful, but I'll live. Also, during the teaching, there were side conversations about other things TWO TIMES and I just stopped the teaching and turned and stared at the people who were disrupting until they stopped talking. I tried not to feel offended, but it was so, very rude. I want to pray through my feelings on this. I thought I prepared a quality teaching! But people just did not seem interested. I'm going to bed pretty disheartened tonight.

Comments
Post a Comment