September 22, 2026 - Tuesday
IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF FALL!!!! WOOHOO!!
I wasn't sure we were going to, but we went to Wild & Free this morning. It was misting when we got there, and for about 1/3 of our time there, but it was nice. I got to catch up with Anne a little bit, who is struggling with her HC again...just because life right now is making it difficult to go. It's also so tough for her to have this weekly thing she does at night when her kids are back in school and she doesn't feel that she can trust David to help them get bathed, homework done, and in bed on time. She's feeling pretty sad about it. We were just a sad pair today! But glad to be with each other and our group. It was only 60 degrees and it felt magical being out in the green, drippy forest, finally in cool weather!
In the afternoon, I finished my book, worked on my puzzle for a little bit, and moved the wood from behind the garden to the picnic bench. I can't believe I let it sit there for 3-4 months, getting all buggy and muddy. I wanted to put the compost bin together today, but I just didn't leave myself enough time for it. I need to get dinner ready, shower, then I have book club at 7. The saw is too heavy to just bring back and forth for 30 minutes of work. but I do have the extension cord out there and the wood piled up and ready to go. Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday I can do it! I guess not tomorrow since Wednesdays are the worst.





Comments
Post a Comment