September 13, 2026 - Sunday
I am not feeling well at all. I've been trying to ignore this cold, especially because I didn't want to miss any of the retreat. But now that I can, I'm acknowledging it. I feel crappy. I skipped church, but since I teach on Wednesday, I did sit on the couch and watch the livestream of service. Oh my gosh. I don't love the music in person, but online it was 10,000x worse. It was so bad sounding! I felt awful. I just had to mute it until the sermon started. It was a decent message. An obvious message, but a good one that, I'm sure, everyone in small group will act like is the first time any of them have ever considered. And maybe it really is.
Ben was gone for most of the day...buying his new car! I don't feel excited about it, but I'm trying, for his sake. It's a nice-looking car and he is THRILLED with it. Not looking forward to making the next 60 payments on it though! After he bought the car, he went and played MtG for the next 7 hours and the bigger kids went to their groups. I made dinner for Ruby and Ollie, then, when I went out to do the grocery pickup, I treated them to ice cream from McD's.
It was a relaxed day, and I was grateful for that. Just wondering how many days of yuck I have ahead of me!

Comments
Post a Comment