September 17, 2026 - Thursday
We had our first day back at CACH today! I am so excited about my new, full-time role as Yearbook Committee Lead. I had the three kids join me today, whose applications I approved, so that we could brainstorm ideas for a newsletter, some new additions to the yearbook, and our new color scheme/theme. It was a good time, but very quiet. The girls are clearly nervous and not quite getting that they're not in class. This is a club and I want conversation! It took a long time to get them all signed into all of the different accounts though. All of the kids said they had an awesome time today. It was so good to be back. I also talked through my Yearbook Committee dilemma with the leadership team today. I feel like a traitor, in a way, but I cannot have Christina be co-lead on this. She is super negative, hates CACH, and has no stake in this yearbook at all, considering she doesn't care at all about this co-op. Yet, she insists that she is the person I need to choose to be co-lead in the group. I've managed to shrug her off, so far, saying that I don't need another adult. That we're good because I rarely miss class and there are easy classes for the girls to go to if I'm gone, but leadership mentioned that they wanted me to have another person in case of absences. So, I talked it through with them and told them all about my issue with Christina. It's not that I'm opposed to having a co-lead, actually. I'd probably really enjoy it! It's only that Christina CANNOT be my co-lead. They understand and are trying to think of the best way to handle the situation now.
Speaking of Christina, she was one of the ones having side conversations during my teaching last night. And my disappointment from last night has turned into outright anger. I am SO ANGRY. I don't even know where to put all of this anger. I want to quit everything!

Comments
Post a Comment