August 12, 2026 - Wednesday
It was not storming this morning when we got up, for the first time this week. I was hoping Jonas would go to BJJ today, but he said his ankle still hurts, so he skipped...again. Since we weren't going there, I brought everyone to the library for a bit, to get new books and be around other humans that aren't Boettchers for a little while. Then we went to McDonald's and got drinks for a treat. And then we went home. *shrug* There has been a lot of time at home lately. I don't dislike it, but I was kind of at a loss for what I could do. I've read a lot this week, and that's fun, but I wanted to be productive. I went on Snapfish to work on a vacation photo book and then I did that for HOURS. It takes a long time to make photo books! But then I realized I never even ordered the one I made from Maine 2024 and I spiraled a bit, making photo books from other vacations I hadn't made them for yet. It was productive and I'm glad I got to it. Meanwhile, a bunch of projects I actually NEED to do are sitting by the wayside just waiting for me to pay attention to them. Not this time, unfun tasks. Not this time.
Christina texted me today and asked if I'd bring some dessert to small group tonight, so I spent quite a while baking. I made zucchini bread, brownies, banana muffins (not to share), and rice krispies treats. We had a decent time at small group tonight. There were only about 9 of us, so it was truly a small group. Christina actually prepared a teaching, not just reading through the Bible and asking questions. I was proud of her! It was well thought out. She lacked confidence in her delivery, but she had good content and thought-provoking questions.
* The only picture I took today was of these eggs. I needed some eggs for all of the baking I was doing and was in the middle of getting ingredients into the mixer when I realized it. I wanted to go to the fastest place I could, so I went to Sunrise Market, next to the BJJ gym. I ran in, grabbed these eggs, and ran out. 30 EGGS FOR $2.99. Can you believe it?? Crazy.

Comments
Post a Comment