August 9, 2026 - Sunday



We went to the late service at Meadow Park today and I was feeling frustrated with Christina because she didn't respond to any of my texts yesterday. I wouldn't have thought about it for another second, but she completely avoided me during the church service too. I tried to say hi to her and she just looked the other way and started talking to someone else. So, as soon as the church service was over (which was just mid, tbh) I asked her if we could talk. She looked nervous, but I just asked if anything was wrong and she said it wasn't. I feel irritated still, for sure. I don't really want to make space in my life for juvenile drama. Ben thinks I should give her the benefit of the doubt, that she really was just tired yesterday and didn't see me sitting two chairs over from her in church. Buuuuutttt....how could she not see me? Am I invisible?? Idk. Trying to just stop thinking about it. 

Ben and I went on a nice date to City BBQ, then headed to Target to walk around for a while. We had a good time. Things have been fantastic with him this week. It's been so nice. 

In the afternoon, we went to this "Block Party" at Discover Church that Christina asked us to join them at. It was really cool. They had tons of free food: hot dogs, nachos, chips, ice cream, water ice, popcorn, cotton candy, lemonade, inflatables for the kids, free games, and great prizes. We were the first ones there, so we got to do a ton of stuff before it got crowded. And, honestly, it never really got too crowded. A little busier than I would typically like, but it wasn't bad. After the block party, we spent the rest of the evening relaxing! I noticed that my eggplant was getting a little soft, so I fried it up!!! I thought of mom the whole time. We never really ate fried eggplant with a meal, but she'd fry them up as a snack pretty often. I miss her. And it was a delicious snack. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 27, 2026 - Monday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

July 25, 2026 - Saturday