August 5, 2026 - Wednesday
I was feeling pretty grumpy today and didn't go out much, as a result. Christina invited us to go to the pool, but we were supposed to get our water meter switched out so we had to miss it. I spent three hours in my garden, trying to get my tomato plants off the ground, pruning and picking, lifting and tying, out in the 90 degree, sunny heat. I did get the job done, but it was hot, sweaty work. I was literally drenched with sweat by the time I was done AND had the added bonus of throwing my back out. And I'm not even done! I just dealt with the tomatoes finally. I didn't even look at the peppers, flowers, beans, eggplant, cucumbers, or squash. Ugh. I hope I don't have more vine borers in my zucchini. 😓
We went to small group tonight and it was, honestly, very boring. We went over Revelation 9 and, for some reason, Ed didn't break us into smaller groups, so it was just a big group discussion. Because of this, we had to listen to these incredibly long monologues from Cheryl, repeatedly. That woman will talk FOREVER if nobody cuts her off and Ed NEVER cuts anyone off. It was just a long night. We didn't stay and hang out afterwards. My back is killing me and I just wanted to get home.
*Photos from yesterday. I thought I took a picture of the garden today, but I guess I did not!



Comments
Post a Comment