August 19, 2026 - Wednesday





I spent hours out in the garden today and had a HUGE haul. SO MUCH FOOD!!!! I honestly don't even know what to do with it all. Those sunflower seeds are only from FOUR flower heads! I should really just roast them. That's what I'm planning on doing, but it's just so hard to actually carry out all of the many, many plans in my head. Aside from processing all of this produce, I have a ton of other outstanding projects on my list. I bought the wood for my compost bin in, like, May or something. I still have not built that. I also haven't stained the deck, which Ben powerwashed the week after his dad died. Captain needs a bigger enclosure and I keep saying I'm going to build it, but haven't. I also told Jonas I'd build him a bed frame because he's never had one and he really wants one. So we made some general plans, but I have a million things to do before I can do that and he's so disappointed at how long it's taking! *sigh* But, first, I need to cut up a million tomatoes for sauce and chilis and soups in the winter. No clue what to do with all of the millions of peppers I'm getting though! The girls will eat all of the sweet peppers, but I think the other ones will end up just getting composted. Maybe I could make pepper flakes? Idk. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 27, 2026 - Monday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

July 25, 2026 - Saturday