August 7, 2026 - Friday


Today was a bit of a whirlwind. The morning started out slowly enough - some relaxation and reading, the kids playing nicely together. I mean, how many more opportunities will I even have to see all four of my kids playing together?? I got Jonas off to BJJ at 11:45. I'm feeling a little frustrated with it because he is not excited to go anymore and it's still very expensive. It felt worth it when he was training there almost daily, but now it's feeling less worthwhile. Once or twice a week for $180 each month just doesn't seem like a good deal. He keeps saying he'll pick it back up and start to go more often again, which is why I haven't made any changes. It has been a busy summer. I'll give him that. 

After dropping him off, I drove all the way down to our stupid car dealership to get my oil changed. I'm not really sure why we're still paying so much more and spending so much more time to go down there. I need to ask Ben about it. It just feels ridiculous! It cost $122 today and took an hour and a half...just for an oil change. Nothing more. As soon as I got back, I had to run Jonas to Aldi to grab some snacks, then take him to Max's for a sleepover. Then I rushed back and started getting dinner ready to have the McKeans and the DeMuths over. 

Sadly, it's a rainy evening, so all of the kids ended up being inside the whole time, but they mostly hung out in the basement. It was a pretty fun night, BUT there ended up being a lot of gossip. I found myself falling into it too much and feeling guilty about it later. I like Mackenzie, but she isn't kind and she is really, really prone to gossip. It's like there's nothing to talk about if we're not talking about other people. I know she's a baby Christian, but I want to be salt and light, not someone who just goes along with what other people are doing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 27, 2026 - Monday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

July 25, 2026 - Saturday