August 25, 2026 - Tuesday
We went to Wild & Free this morning, intending to take a nice hike at Walnut Woods. Instead, we were viciously attacked by mosquitos until we ran back to the playground, where we were relatively safe again. It was honestly ridiculous. I have never been swarmed like we were today! Literally, SWARMED for almost a half mile! And poor Anne and Claire were wearing their babies out there. They were getting so worried and upset! Anyway, we ended up just hanging out in the pavilion while the kids played on the playground. They were fine with the change of plans, although us moms were a little bored. We had time to actually talk though, which is never bad.
Once I got home, I finished cleaning the car. It looks great! I just did not have the energy to do school this afternoon, even though that was my initial plan, since we're taking Friday off of school for the drive. Then, after dinner, I showered and joined my online book club for a discussion of The Names. It was a good one and I love how this book club actually discusses books, and doesn't just sit around eating dinner and gossiping. It felt good to be there. It's been quite a few months since I could make it.
Ben is thinking about applying for a new job with OSU. It would be a significant pay increase, but he's not sure that he'd even really want it. Praying that God will open the door if it's meant to be and give him peace if that door stays closed.

Comments
Post a Comment