August 16, 2026 - Sunday



We went to church this morning, and the message was actually a good one! Convicting, even. Afterward, we went out to lunch for Colin's bday at Moe's. We were a little worried about what the seating arrangements would be, but, thankfully, it was empty enough and there was seating enough for all of us. We had a blast. Lots of catching up and laughing and eating. I accidentally ordered tofu (I just pointed at what I thought was chicken because the woman making the burrito didn't speak English) in my burrito bowl and, while I normally love tofu, it was not done very well. Very yuck. 

The kids left for their groups shortly after we got home from lunch and the rest of us stayed home watching tv and listening to the thunderstorms outside. I felt bad because Clem was at her group's pool party, but it turns out their pool party was at Dublin's indoor pool! And she said it was AMAZING in there. Now Ben wants to move to Dublin. I think, what it really is is that Ben wants to be richer. He is so frustrated with not being able to afford whatever he wants. He hates budgeting. He hates that he works so much, and so hard, and is still driving around a beater car that is always threatening to break down. I feel for him, but I also wish he would look around himself at the home we live in, at the nice clothes and shoes on our children, and at our super nice van, not to mention the plethora of non-material blessings we've received, and choose gratitude instead of bitterness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 27, 2026 - Monday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

July 25, 2026 - Saturday