August 21, 2026 - Friday



I cannot believe that one week from today, we will be more than halfway to Maine! I can't wait for this trip. I mean, there is still the trepidation I always feel leading up to a big trip. Lots of organizing and planning and packing, all of which are terrible. But I LOVE Maine. I love, love, love being there. I love being cool (temperature) and sitting next to the ocean. I can't wait. I'm going to read and stare and relax so much. 

We did our fourth day of school today and it went smoothly. Some temper tantrums from Ollie, and some overwhelm for Ruby, but we got through it all and got our work done around 12:30. Ben was working from home, thankfully, so he helped with Jonas getting to BJJ and I didn't have to interrupt school to get him there. I met Christina at the library in the afternoon for about an hour, just to let the kids see their friends for a bit. I offered to let Jaxon join my older kids' history/literature/language arts class. She's been struggling to find a curriculum that she can afford and feel confident in and I'm already doing one and could easily let him in. We'll see what she says. I don't think Jonas and Clem will be very happy about it, but that's not all that important to me. We could video call him or he could ride his bike over and join us physically. BUT. He often smells terrible, and I'm not going to want him sitting next to me stinking like BO, so we'd have to figure that out if he was going to be at my house every morning. Let's hope for virtual if they want to accept my offer. They probably will refuse though, would be my guess. 

After the library we did French and then Ben and I ran out to Giant Eagle and to pick up food for dinner. It was delicious, but I found myself feeling very grouchy and overstimulated by the time we finished eating, so I hid upstairs for a while (catching up on blog posts). 

I might go to the sphere women's retreat in September. Is that weird?? Maybe I shouldn't, but I want to! I miss people and I love Dwell teachings. I think it would be a great time and it's local, so I could pull it off pretty easily, without having to figure anything out logistically with Ben. 

* Nature has been frosting my glass; Murphy is hating being stuck inside so much; Not letting eggplant go to waste! Third time I've fried eggplant in the last week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 27, 2026 - Monday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

July 25, 2026 - Saturday