August 15, 2026 - Saturday



We had a relaxing morning at home, then I got dressed up and pretty, and Ben and I headed out on a date. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings after each of us trying to martyr ourselves for the other over meal choosing for what felt like an endless amount of time. Very, very, very annoying to me, to debate over where we're going to eat. I pretty much just want to go to a sitdown place so that someone will serve me my drink. I know it's dumb, but I just want a waiter to bring me my stuff and clean up after me. I don't really care what food is there. Whatever I eat, I'm only going to be able to have a few bites before I have to pack the rest of it up. I tell Ben this over and over, but he still insists on ME deciding where we'll go out to eat. I have also expressed that I just want to not be in charge of decision-making all the time, especially for meals. Nonetheless, he feels like he's disrespecting me if he makes decisions for me. *sigh* Anyway, we went to BWW. I said I wanted to eat there, but really I thought Ben would want to eat there. Turns out, neither of us really wanted to eat there. It was fine though. We both enjoyed our wings. Then we went over to Bath & Body works because they were having a sale on hand soaps and I wanted some nice fall ones to put in the downstairs bathroom. Then, we went to the Hallmark store next door and looked at stuff that was too expensive for a while. It was a nice date. 

We all (minus Jonas) went to Will's birthday pool party in the afternoon/evening. It was a fun time! Ben, of course, wanted to leave the whole time, but kept saying how not in a rush he was...and then asking me about how much longer I was thinking we'd stay. Seriously. If he didn't feel like being there, he should have just stayed home. As always, we were the very first people to leave, but the kids were mostly ok with it. Some kid had just flicked icing into Clem's hair, so she was freaking out, and Ruby said she felt like she needed a nap. Ollie had told me she was ready to go home, but then changed her mind once I said we were leaving. At least it was only a half hour early. For a four-hour party, a half hour early isn't too bad. 

So, Jonas. He stayed home from the party because he was supposed to be going out to eat with his former mentor, Drew. Well, Drew didn't get there to pick him up until we were almost home and Jonas missed the whole thing for nothing. He was pretty sad to have sat at home alone all afternoon and evening. We urged him to just come with us and assured him that he'd be home in time, but he refused! He ended up regretting it though. It was good to catch up with Drew a little when they got back, though. We've missed having him around. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 27, 2026 - Monday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

July 25, 2026 - Saturday