March 13, 2026 - Friday
It's party day!!! I didn't do school this morning so that I could avoid as much stress as possible for this evening. I also cancelled with Jenny, which was sad. I hate cancelling on her. But it sounds like she might be sick anyway? So maybe I'm dodging a bullet.
I ran out to Costco in the morning and picked up some supplies for the party and our six pizzas. I managed to keep the shopping under $100! That is no small feat at Costco, man. I'm usually up around $300 when I go there. I was focused! After I got back from Costco, I started freaking out about how much tonight was going to suck. Then Christina came over and helped me get up the rest of our decorations and that helped me to reset a little too. Once that stuff was done it kind of felt like, okay, there's really not much left. After she left, I iced the butterfly cake and showered, then waited for the party to start!
It didn't go badly. Ollie had a good time and the kids played outside for a lot of it. We did butterfly Bingo in the basement and I had five prizes, so we did five games. The ones who participated seemed to enjoy that (except for a couple of littler kids that freaked out about not winning a prize). Sadly, our sliding door fell off the track while people were there and Ben started to panic. It was a little frustrating that he couldn't set it aside until the party was over, but how do you put your anxiety aside for another time? He was getting so, very upset that I ended up asking people to leave. He kept panic whispering to me about how the house wasn't secure and we need to get these f'n kids out of here because they're breaking everything. It was a pretty unfortunate end to the party. Once I abruptly asked everyone to leave and the house cleared out, I was finally able to just look at the door for a few minutes and got it back onto the track, closed, and locked. So, we're all good for now. Obviously, it needs to be replaced, but we are in no immediate danger of burglary, raccoon attacks, or any other misfortunes that befall the people who are foolish/unlucky enough to leave their sliding glass doors open a crack.









Comments
Post a Comment