March 28, 2026 - Saturday


We ended up skipping all of the BJJ today so that we could take the kids to the movies in the morning. Ollie so desperately wanted to see a movie during spring break, but it just didn't work out. I'm so glad we were able to do it today! We saw GOAT, which was kind of silly, but it was a kids movie and they always are pretty silly. We ate lots of popcorn and had sodas at 10:30 in the morning, which felt terrible to our stomachs, but it was still fun!

After we got home, Ben and I rushed to get changed and then headed to Curtis's mom's (one of the guys from small group) funeral. Truth be told, the small group attendees made up more than 1/3 of the people that were there for the funeral. It can be awkward to go to a funeral for a person you don't know, but it's also hard to host a funeral, in general, and it can feel good to see the faces of your friends. Ben and I felt pretty adamant that the luncheon shouldn't be for people who didn't even know the woman, so we did not go. I think a few of the couples from small group did go, which is weird, but none of them have ever lost someone and don't know much funeral etiquette either! I also think that Curtis told them they could come if they wanted to, which is kind of an invite? Who knows? It's not like I know any actual funeral etiquette either. Maybe etiquette says that you should always go to the luncheon! I just know that we really didn't like it when people we didn't know were at my brothers' and mom's luncheons. It felt like they were just there for a free meal and it made it really awkward. 

When we got home from the funeral, we relaxed briefly, then started getting dinner ready for the Browns. I made my cheeseburger pasta bake, which I LOVE so much. They seemed to like it a lot too! But the kids don't really like it, sadly. And Mariah just has so many food allergies, she probably couldn't have eaten it, so Megan brought stuff for her. She is a very talkative little girlie!! The night was fun with them, although uncomfortable at some points. I wanted to fill them in on why Ben and I haven't been to stuff as much and Ben looked like he wanted to just crawl under a rock. But he did say later, "If I'm not willing to be the one talking about it, then I guess I have to just accept that your version of what is going on is the version that everyone will know." I'm not really sure where or why our versions are different, but it's true. If you feel like you need to emphasize something that I'm not giving enough attention to, talk to people your damn self! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday