March 7, 2026 - Saturday


This morning was wild! I went to "supervise" the childcare for this Risley meeting and ended up having to provide childcare for the entire time because every single baby was freaking the heck out. It was really exhausting! And I felt pretty frustrated, because I thought I'd have time to work on my blog a little, make a grocery list, and a few other mundane chores that I needed to get done. Instead, I entertained babies for two hours and ran up and down the steps checking on the other room in between. It was fun that I got to see prep happening for the father/daughter dance though! Jenny and Alex were there helping Tony get things ready, along with a whole bunch of other people. It looked beautiful! I wish Ben were a guy who would take his girls to something like that. He's just too...I don't know! But he won't do it. 

When the childcare was finally over, we got home and then Ben and I went out to eat at Chili's again. Last time was so great! But this time was pretty terrible. 😬 The food wasn't great, the service was slow, and we were overcharged. But at least we got to be out alone together! We went to the grocery store and got everything for dinner with the McKeans and for Ollie's birthday tomorrow. While we were at the store, Christina started texting that she felt like the storms were going to be too bad for them to come to dinner. Of course, neither me or Ben could see anything about terrible storms coming near us, but she was freaking out. I think, in reality, she was freaking out because her landlord is coming to do an inspection on her apartment on Monday and it's filthy. Either way, she cancelled dinner right after we left the store. Ben was super pissed because we just bought all of the dang food and now it's going to go bad. Then she suggested we have dinner on Monday, which we aren't usually willing to do because of HC. Ben and I talked about it and I kind of said, let's just get this damn dinner over with. It's already been cancelled twice. And Ben said something like, I don't know if I'd be willing to go to HC anyway, but it feels wrong to make plans on a HC night. However, we ended up just planning to have dinner then. Of course, I'm completely regretting it now. I missed HC last week and I don't like missing two weeks in a row! But I'm stuck now. And I'm also feeling so stuck with this stupid birthday party. I do not want to do this!!! 

I'm just struggling. I know Ben likes the guys in this group and feels so comfortable with them, but I do not feel the same with the ladies. I mean, I'm plenty comfortable, but none of them are my people. They're just not. And Christina is such an entitled, victim-acting, complainer! She constantly complains about the trauma of her youth and about how awful her mom is, but her mom pays for everything her kids do, watches them on weekends, gives her trips to Universal Studios for her birthday, takes her to concerts all the time, plans teams and makes t-shirts for her son's autism walk every year, and on and on. My mom is dead. And even if she hadn't drunk herself to death, she never would have been able or willing to do any of those kinds of things. I just can't stand hearing her feel sorry for herself all the time!!! She has absolutely no perspective or is just completely blind to how great she has it. I'm soooo frustrated by her. And maybe God put her into my life to teach me something! But damn. 😖 I just wish He'd stop teaching me stuff and just let me be! hahahaha ugh. 

*Ollie got a boo-boo tonight, riding on a skateboard down the driveway. She was so sad!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday