March 4, 2026 - Wednesday
Rain again! While I do love the rain, I don't think it does much for my mood...at least not lately. Anyway, bulk pick up grabbed our old couches today and I am so grateful to have my garage back! I was thinking about it because we felt like we needed to cover the couches with a tarp so they wouldn't be soaked and impossible to pick up for the guys, and then ran out there to take off the tarps so they wouldn't throw them away along with the couches when they were close!
I had the parent meeting this morning and it was kind of a hard one. I had to turn away a lot of parents this morning and there were several people who came in saying their kid wasn't in the system for some reason, when, in reality, the rooms were full and that's why their check-in didn't work. It's so sad for someone to pack up their kiddos to come out and then not get to have childcare! I've been there and it is very discouraging. Especially if you think you're in for a good teaching and now you're just stuck figuring out something else to do with your kid for the next couple of hours! I felt bad, but our workers are already pretty overwhelmed, and I couldn't add more to their plates than they can handle. Our rooms would be pure chaos.
I actually left work a little early today to take Ollie back to the homeschool meeting for BJJ. In the future, I'm not sure how I'll make that work, but I did it just this once. Ben often works from home on Wednesdays, so he might be able to bring Ollie over there and then I could pick her up. I was at the gym for two hours for Jonas and Ollies classes and we officially signed Ollie up! She is SO VERY excited. Then I got a brief period of time at home before needing to leave to pick up a friend's kid for carol choir and taking those three kids over there! I came home, got a few things done, then I picked up the girls, we all went to DQ for dinner, then we headed over to small group!
It was a good evening at group, after which Ollie announced that she wants a birthday party. Christina overheard and got super excited and said she'd plan it for us and now I feel completely cornered! I don't want to plan a last-minute party, and I don't want to have the 30+ adults and children from small group over at our house, destroying all of my things peace. But I feel forced because Ben also thinks it's amazing that Ollie actually feels like she has friends and wants to make this happen for her. *sigh* I just hate this.
*It was a busy day and I did not take many pictures! But I made this homemade creamer and had very high hopes for it. However, it was horrible and I hated it so much.

Comments
Post a Comment