March 21, 2026 - Saturday
Such a busy day! It felt like I was running from sunup to sundown. I had to be at Dwell by 8:40am to greet all of my workers for this sphere meeting. Praise the Lord, everything went really smoothly. Everyone showed up! The kids were chill! I got baby snuggles and one even napped on me! It went as well as it possibly could have. I got one of my new hires trained, so she'll know what to do next Saturday when she comes in. I still have no idea what to expect for the next three Saturdays. 2 kids? 20? Who knows??? I guess I'll hire three people and have them all there, no matter how many kids are coming. If we only have a couple, I'll have less workers next time. *shrug*
I finally got home from work a little after 12 and then Ben and I went out to lunch at the Rusty Bucket. I haven't gotten a turkey burger in a while, so I got one today and it was soooooo good! The fried pickles were amazing too. It was such a good lunch. Ben isn't in a great headspace, which was a little bit of a downer on the date. His work building sustained some damage in one of the recent storms and he's responsible for pushing through emergency funding for repairs in situations like this, but he's never done it before, and he knows everyone will be looking to him for guidance on how to take care of the issue. He's stressing out and worked a lot today on it. It was good we got away, but just kind of sad that he was preoccupied.
While we were gone, Jonas and Drew hung out for a while, then Drew took Jonas to Elisha's house for their game day. It's been planned for several weeks and he was so excited to see his friends again! They haven't gotten together since January. Around 5, I went to Worthington, picked Jonas up from Elisha's house, then dropped him off a mile away at Anne's house and drove back home. 🤦That literally felt like the most ridiculous, wasted trip ever. I should have asked Anne or David to grab him! He was so close to their house! But we didn't want to impose, so we just did it. After Jonas was done playing D&D with Seth and co., Ben grabbed him and brought him home. We watched a little TV, but it was already so late, so we just squeezed in half an episode of One Piece. Such a fun show!
*No picture today, wah! But such a nice memory of Maine.

Comments
Post a Comment