March 3, 2026 - Tuesday
It's rainy today! So no W&F, which is half good half bad. On the good side, it's a crazy week, so I'll take any reprieves I can get. On the bad side, I do miss my friends and would love to be spending regular time with them again. Alas, we had to spend the morning at home! I had a couple of work calls to make about childcare situations that I agreed to that I'm completely regretting agreeing to now. 😅 I'm supposed to just be "supervising" these situations, but what's the chance I won't get sucked into helping in the younger kids' room when they're all screaming their little heads off?? *sigh* Whatever. I agreed, so there's not much I can do about it now!
In the afternoon, Ollie tried another BJJ class. This one was much fuller, which is typical for this age range. I wanted to see if she still liked it when she was paired up with kids she didn't know, grappling with them, and having to try to fight them! It's not an easy sport and it's so hands-on. You can't avoid confrontation. You can try to make it friendly competition and get to know the people you're grappling against, but either way, you're still pushing them onto the floor and trying to choke them! She said she felt strong, that she liked it, and that everyone was really nice and they were trying to teach her. I'm glad she enjoyed it! Jonas went to a youth class for the first time this evening too. He was SO nervous. But he ended up enjoying it a lot. There are things the juniors do that adults don't, and he enjoyed having more of a variety to his training. He also said some of the teens were nice and he had fun talking to them. So, two good experiences for the kids today! It was good! And I got to visit with Marcela and show her my garden plan.
*Throwback of Clem, because somehow I didn't take any pictures today!

Comments
Post a Comment