March 27, 2026 - Friday


Today, Ben took a half day and we all went to Daruma and got hibachi for lunch. So yummy! I was pretty worried about the afternoon because Jonas hosted D&D and a bunch of moms bring their littler kids over while the big kids play (which was definitely NOT what I had in mind when I initiated this), but it didn't go badly. I got lots of snacks and ended up just turning on Bluey in the basement and sent the littler kids down there. I was pretty firm about it: basement or outside. They were NOT allowed to hang out on the main floor of the house, and if that was an issue, I invited them to leave...as rude as that is. I am just not going to be the 'destroy all of this shit because it's not ours' kind of house. I hate that kind of behavior and if kids can't be respectful of my rules, they don't need to be in my house. A couple of the moms looked kind of shocked, but I was pretty unapologetic about it. I planned this event for Jonas to connect with kids his age, not to host 25 little kids. I'm sure, over time, the kids will all get used to me be stern and will act like they're supposed to. Or they'll stop coming. *shrug* 

In the evening, I went to a ladies night at Meadow Park Church. We watched a conference and had dinner together. The conference was called IF and there were several really good teachings in it. However, half of the conference was just talking about why they're doing the conference and trying to raise money, so I wasn't a fan of that. We ended up being there until almost 11pm!!!! I kept thinking, if we weren't listening to all this fluff about raising money and why this conference is so amazing, I would have been home two hours ago. It wasn't a bad night though. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday