March 22, 2026 - Sunday




We decided a couple of days ago that we'd finally go to a Sunday service at Meadow Park. We had convos with the kids yesterday, talking through all of our feelings about it. Jonas, Clem, and Ollie all very much wanted to start going here. It's just crazy to think that even Clem was ready to move. But Ruby really, really struggled with the idea of it. She's really close with her teachers in TNT and couldn't imagine Sunday mornings without them. I understand. Change is very hard! Every time I think about it, I start crying too. I just try not to think about the loss. It's just too heartbreaking. So, anyway, we went to Meadow Park today and it was a good service. The music is still painful and awful. It makes me very irritated, honestly. There's just no reason for it to be that bad. They have a huge team of talented musicians. It's the song choices and the singers! It's just so hard to listen to. And the teaching was pretty basic, but biblical and good. Jonas and Clem loved it because it was simple and easy to follow. They actually both raved about it afterward, so that's a great thing. If we're being honest, this church switch is mostly for them, when it comes down to it. Ben and I already have firm foundations, but the kids are still building theirs. If this church helps to solidify them, then we'll be there as much as we can. Ruby did end up having a really wonderful morning, thankfully. We sat with friends and visited with them a little beforehand. Apparently, everyone hangs out afterwards too, which they did not used to do. So we, of course, ducked out, and everyone else was still visiting. 🙄 Typical Boettcher move. 

AFTER church, we ate, and then I took the girls to the park to hang out with the small group families. McKeans, Grants, and Cunninghams were all there. I tried to walk for some exercise for a little while, but had to stop once everyone showed up. I got three laps in though! As usual, it was...fine. They brought snacks, and that was very nice. But I got very hot and nauseous for a while. I'm not sure if that was another hot flash or what, but it sucked. We sat around and visited for a couple of hours while the kids played. I was (wait for it) the FIRST TO LEAVE!!! But I was also the first to get there by at least a half hour, so I feel less bad about this one. 

Once we got home from that, Ruby and Olive had showers/baths and got ready for dates! I took Ruby out to Polaris to get her new Crocs exchanged for the correct size and we went to Bath & Body Works for her to buy a new scent. While I was in line, the lady in front of me gave me a 25% off coupon! Woo!! That was awesome. It saved me over $10. We got some Auntie Anne's for dinner, and I got Ruby a gelato too. It was a really nice time with my girlie girl. She definitely was loving having some time just for her, with no distractions! Btw, so crazy how many people pay to have their kids' pictures taken with the Easter bunny! So many people in line and kids walking around all dressed up in their fancy Easter clothes. I cannot even imagine doing that. 

*All of us were wearing purple-ish colors this morning! So I decided we needed to take a picture. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday