March 19, 2026 - Thursday
We had CACH this morning and I was really excited about our project! I'd been saving up jars for months for it and we made these lanterns with battery operated candles inside. We modge podged bits of colored tissue paper to the outside. I was sure it would take at least *almost* the whole class, but 8/10 kids rushed through the project and were done in 20 freaking minutes. So I didn't really have much choice but to let them play for the rest of the time. I was sad about it, but many of their lanterns did look nice! It just sucks to work so hard to prep something and just have the kids rush through and get it finished as fast as possible. Very annoying. I was having a hot flash or something because I was absolutely drenched with sweat and was dreading going into the next class that I'm a helper in because it's so active. I said I needed to get pictures of the other classes, so I did that for a half hour and cooled off before I went into Ready to Rumble and let kids use me as a punching bag. 😅 It's a fun class! But lately I have not had the energy for it.
I got my bloodwork results back yesterday and I'm freaking out a little bit. I'm severely anemic, which explains my tiredness and constant exhaustion. I also have high cholesterol, which feels really sad. There are things I can easily do to reverse/help both issues, but I guess I just don't want to have to do anything, if that makes sense. I'm just kind of bummed.
In the evening, I went to cell group. I was nervous to go because I knew I wanted to tell people why I haven't been around as much. It's nerve-wracking! I thought I'd bring it up at the beginning, but a lot of people weren't there yet, so I figured I'd kind of do an announcement right after prayer, but we split into two groups! I had to just say it anyway, even though three of the people in my small group already know what's happening. I asked them to just tell people without feeling like it's gossip because I know I might not have another chance any time soon and I hate for my friends to not know what's going on with me. Of course, they could text or something...and they would if they were actually friends. But that's not the point. I need to stop!


Comments
Post a Comment