March 14, 2026 - Saturday
After the late, busy night we had last night, it was soooo hard to get up and go to the parade this morning! But we made a commitment and we're a part of a team now, so we needed to do it. We got there right on time, which was an hour and 15 minutes before the parade actually began. We all kind of stood around, got some Irish gear on, and took pictures. After what felt like forever, the parade finally began! By this time, Ollie was crying, saying she had a terrible headache and just wanted to leave. I promised her that when we saw dad in the crowd, she could leave the parade and go with him and he'd take her home. So, after 45 minutes of walking in the parade, we finally got to him! She was feeling a little better, but still decided to leave. It's probably good that she did because once we reached the end of the actual parade, we had to walk more than a mile back to the car and it was KILLER. We were all so exhausted and miserable by the time we got back! I can't even imagine if Ollie had been with us. We were so dead. Even the super in shape BJJ instructors!
We got home and very shortly had to get ready to go to Savannah's birthday party. Another thing that I just did not want to do because of the craziness of the last couple of days! But we went and were there for a few hours. It was fine. It was a kid's party so, you know. It was fine. I made conversation with some of the family members that looked a little lost and left out. It's like, we're going to be in this house together for hours; we might as well get to know one another a little! So that part was kind of fun. As much as I like small group and Meadow Park, the ladies are...not great conversationalists, maybe? I don't know how to say it. They seem to have a lot of fun together, but I don't have a ton of fun with them. And it's okay! I don't always need to have a ton of fun. Ben really meshes well with the guys, so I'll just keep hanging out and maybe eventually I'll feel like I fit in with them a little better.
Once we got home, I was ready to crash. I ended up calling off from Oasis tomorrow. I just can't wake up and leave the house first thing again tomorrow. I need a day when I'm not running around!





Comments
Post a Comment