June 7, 2026 - Sunday
I took the kids to Meadow Park for church this morning by myself. It made me sad, but I didn't want to pressure Ben. I know he's still really sad and he wanted to finish up the power washing today. I'm also feeling sad though. My heart is hurting for Ben, I still really, really miss my church and my friends, and I don't know that I'm really ready to not be a part of Dwell. I haven't gone in a long time, and it does seem too hard to do it alone, but I miss it. Ben isn't budging right now, but he's not excited for Meadow Park either. Is he always going to be this tepid about church and fellowship? He acts like it's so important, but gives nothing of himself to contribute, no matter where we are. He was invited to at least three outings this weekend: disc golf yesterday morning, a concert yesterday afternoon/evening, and a dad's hangout with the kids this afternoon. He had no interest in participating in anything.
I went to a mom's afternoon at Amanda's. She is 32 weeks pregnant now and her baby is very, very sick: only a 40% chance of survival at Nationwide. But there's a hospital in Florida that gives baby boy a 90% chance of survival, so she thinks she and her family might relocate there for the next couple of months. It's crazy. Anyway, we wanted to go to her house and see if we could help with projects around the house and visit with her before she leaves. It was a nice time. I stayed for three hours, and I was STILL the very first person out the door. Every dang time!! Three hours is a long time to hang out somewhere, right?? So wild.
The Hundley's brought us City BBQ for dinner tonight and it was AMAZING. I haven't eaten there in years, but we loved it SO MUCH. We've been missing out!




Comments
Post a Comment