May 31, 2026 - Sunday


Dennis died this morning at 6am, surrounded by Ben, Bumper, and Hazel. Ben said it was a peaceful passing, thank God. The hospital called them at 2am, saying he wasn't likely to live much longer, so they all went over to be with him. I'm so grateful they got there in time and were able to be with him. Ben came home in the afternoon completely emotionally spent and physically exhausted. There are no details on the service or anything because Hazel just couldn't start on that whole process today. She is entirely overwhelmed and heartbroken. 

I got up at 4:30am to take Jonas to the drop off at Main Campus for EPIC this morning. I was feeling very grumpy about it! For some stupid reason, I put on my shorts from yesterday and it was ding dang 50 degrees out, so I was freezing my butt off, waiting in line to check Jonas in. It took about 30 minutes, from parking at Main Campus to me pulling away, leaving my baby behind. It feels crazy that he's old enough to go to a high school summer camp. He should not be so old. I have a lot of worries for him. I mean, this week could be spiritually transformational, or it could honestly be a bad influence. A lot of highschoolers smoke, cuss, act like a-holes, and Jonas does not do those things (yet). What if he comes home acting like an a-hole??? What if he comes home acting like he's too cool for everything and everyone? Just trying to trust in God, here, and let Him take control. Jonas is His first. And we will love him through any phase he goes through. Just not wanting to get to the really hard parts of parenting teens just yet. I still have so many years of it to go through! 

Aside from drop off, the day was kind of a blur. Lots of texting and getting the word out about Dennis. I went to the grocery store so I could have a good dinner made for my honey when he got home. I made him chicken and gravy, homemade biscuits, noodles, and peas. It was actually very, very good! And he was grateful. He's so exhausted. He's in bed now, while I finish things up downstairs. I'll join him soon. Hoping we both feel refreshed and ready to deal with this dang HVAC install tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday