June 18, 2026 - Thursday
This morning was just straight up panic on my part. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me, but it's like I believed that I wasn't coming home for a week and needed the house and garden to be completely ready for my absence. But we're coming home tomorrow. So I was acting like a psycho for nothing. We got ourselves packed and I got 3/4 of the stuff done I wanted to do, and then we headed out around 11. We got to Hazel's around 1:30, after grabbing some lunch on the road and got to hang out there for a couple of hours. I finally met Dean and one of his daughters was there too. Ali and Patrick were there with their families and I finally, FINALLY got to talk to Hazel. She has not called me back and I, obviously, never went out in person during Dennis's illness, so it was good to get a chance to talk to her.
After a while, we all headed to the hotel to check in. Our room is nice and pretty roomy. There's plenty of space for all of us in there and the bathroom was huge. We ordered wings, and apps, and pizzas and all hung out eating in the big breakfast area of the lobby, then spent time hanging out for a couple of hours. Tommy and the girls had a great time being together. I got the girls to bed eventually, then came back down for a little while, but we didn't make it too late of a night. It's a big day tomorrow and we have to be up very early.
Oh, we finally met Dawn's fiance! He seemed fine. *shrug* We didn't actually get to talk to him but he didn't seem as awful as some of her other partners have been. Time will tell!



Comments
Post a Comment