June 5, 2026 - Friday
I felt conflicted about taking the girls to the Scott's pool this afternoon, and leaving Ben all alone, but he said he could probably use a little time by himself. So, we headed over there at 11:30 or so because the drive was a half-stinking-hour! The pool was nice though! I sat in the shade and read and visited with friends and relaxed, while the girls played with their friends and made new ones and had a good time.
We stayed there for a few hours, and Ben worked on power washing the back of the house. He also cleared the entire deck off so he can power wash the deck this weekend. It seems like too big a job! He's planning to tighten all the screws in the deck so that it will squeak less, too. A noble venture, but very time-consuming! Thankfully, he also took some time to play his video game and relax. As for me, I'm trying to cut out video games for the time being. It's too much of a time suck and I haven't been productive enough lately to sit around for hours playing video games. I have too many things I need to get caught up on. I have to get Jenn, the new class coordinator, onboarded to take over for me, I have seeds to get started in the garden and inside, and I need to get Jonas registered for his summer course at C State, among other things. I just find myself sitting and wasting time instead. What is wrong with me?? I was motivated for a week or two, but I'm back to dragging myself from task to task, desperate for the work to end. Gosh, it's ridiculous. I've been keeping the house relatively clean, but I can see all of the counters and surfaces piling up with shit I haven't organized or had the energy to put away yet. *sigh* I wish God would cure me of myself sometimes.


Comments
Post a Comment