June 12, 2026 - Friday
Today was AWESOME. I was so nervous and frustrated (because I had committed to going) leading up to it, but so glad I didn't cancel for once! I packed up lunch, and clothes, and floaties, then me and the kids drove an hour to get to a stranger's house who invited us over to hang out at their pond, along with Sarah, from small group. Marcie, the host, was wonderful. She's one of those people that just seems to have it all together, effortlessly. She runs a "hobby" farm and dairy, sells beef, homeschools five kids, and seems to know about and have researched everything in the universe. I asked her if she ever feels overwhelmed by all of that and she looked perplexed and said, "No. Never." *shrug* Just another example of me having a much smaller plate than many other people! And that's okay. I am who I am. But anyway, the pond was amazing, the kids had a fantastic time, and I felt very relaxed and comfortable. I had a few little surges of bitterness because a lot of the other ladies' husbands came today too and I know that even if Ben could have, he wouldn't have. Marcie's husband wasn't there either, though, so that helped. We stayed for the entire day and didn't leave until almost dinner time.





Comments
Post a Comment