June 10, 2026 - Wednesday
Today, at Discovery Church VBS drop-off, Mara fell from a high monkey bar straight onto her head and was knocked unconscious. An ambulance came to get her and we had 15 panicked, freaked-out children running around and crying, right at drop-off time. Thankfully, my girls missed the actual event and were already checked in by the time all of this craziness was happening, but I walked right into it, completely bewildered by all of the crying children and panicked moms. By the time I walked over to Christina and the ambulance, Mara was awake and alert, and I reported back to friends that it probably wasn't anything serious, but nobody wanted to hear that and continued their anxious fretting. Throughout the morning, Christina updated us on Mara's condition, and she ended up being fine, thank God. Jaxon came over to our house and ate breakfast, then hung out with Jonas for a while, while I went and got lumber for my new compost bin at Home Depot. When I got back, I picked up the boys (after forcing them to do the manual labor of unloading all of the lumber), and we dropped Jonas off at BJJ. I think Jaxon seemed envious, maybe? He got very quiet while we were there. He said he's never seen any kind of martial arts class in action before. Unfortunately, his family is always struggling for money, so I don't think they'll be signing him up. I wish we were in a position to help, but we are not.
* Crazy hair day at VBS.


Comments
Post a Comment