May 28, 2026 - Thursday






Today was our last day here. So sad! I know the decision we made was a good one, but I can't help feeling a little broken hearted about our trip being cut short. Strangely, at the same time, I feel homesick and so ready to be back! I'm just an emotional mess. 

We spent a couple of hours at the beach this morning. It was nice and overcast, so I didn't have to worry too much about getting (more) burnt. I have never been so diligent about sunscreen in my life though! It doesn't seem to be doing too much to help, but I am certainly trying! We went to the pool for a while after the beach, then dried off, ate, and went out for some souvenir shopping and ice cream. We just did DQ for ice cream because, as cute as the small shops are, they are twice the price with half of the options. I just didn't want to do it. I also had a coupon for a free shake with DQ so...decision made. 

After we got back from that stuff, I took the kids back down to the pool for a while. Ben was making some phone calls and had to do work stuff, but when he joined us, he brought a cut up watermelon for the kids and an icy coke for me! That was very nice. 

The evening was filled with me frantically cleaning and packing. I got pretty upset with everyone at one point but apologized later. I just started to really feel the pressure of having to leave tomorrow!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday