June 16, 2026 - Tuesday
Today was the first time I've considered quitting Wild & Free. It has always felt like a constant and necessary co-op in my homeschooling journey, but lately nobody ever wants to go. Jonas's friends rarely go and none of the girls have any friends there at all. On top of that, the meetups always seem to be far away now. It's just been really hard to make it for the past nine months or so and I'm wondering if it's time to let it go. I don't want to, but it's something I'm going to start considering.
Since I didn't go to W&F, Christina came over and we worked on decorations more. She brought the kids, so the girls were very excited. We still didn't finish up, but worked for a solid two hours on them. Then I needed to get ready for dinner with Travis and Kylienne.
We didn't do anything too complicated and dinner turned out very nice. The kids all played really well together and our time with the adults was good. I think I was just a little off, because I kept forgetting what I was saying and felt very distracted. I had to keep apologizing to Ky about it. I was really hoping they were going to leave by 7:30 so I could make it to book club for at least part of the time, since I did read the book, but this is the first time they've ever stayed later than that, claiming that the kids stay up late during the summer!!! We've been hanging out consistently for over 7 years and this is the first time they've ever stayed later than 7. Go figure! It was a relaxing evening, though, and the weather was PERFECT.


Comments
Post a Comment