May 29, 2026 - Friday


In the morning, we walked down to the beach one last time and stood in the ocean. It's just so beautiful. I wish it wasn't so far away! I lived an hour from the ocean for most of my life and it just feels impossible to reach 99% of the time now. It makes me sad that the kids will always see it as just a vacation thing, not a part of their normal lives. Just a little bit of melancholy. Moving on.

The drive felt like it took FOREVER. Ben did the whole thing because he claims I drive too slow. 🙄 Whatever. I drive fast. Just not as fast as him. But we did get home safely, and that's what's important. We came home to a broken AC (praise the Lord it's not too hot right now!) and a huge ant infestation in the house. We spent a while managing all that, but we're grateful to be back in our own beds tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday