July 2, 2026 - Thursday
This morning went pretty quickly, since I had to leave the house at 9:20 to get Jonas and his friends to their game day, over in Gahanna. It took the full 30 minutes to get over there, after picking everyone up, and then I turned around, did a grocery pick up, and came home. I've been doing a good job of meal planning lately! The last two weeks have been much better, money and health-wise. Hopefully I can keep it up.
Christina came to get the girls to take them to the pool around 1:00, then I left to grab a very late Mother's Day gift for MJ at World Market and then went to get the boys from Gahanna. We all headed over the Mackenzie's pool for a little while after pick up. When we got there, it was a bit chaotic. The pool was really full, and I didn't feel comfortable swimming in it. I just really have a hard time with water that has anything floating around in it! I can handle bugs alright, but hair and bandaids and other yucky stuff just makes me want to barf. It was hot as heck, and I was very eager to leave. Christina made a comment that I perceived as racist, then I made a challenging remark, then I fumed for the rest of the time we were there. We hung out for a while, but then I had enough and made everyone leave. Christina offered to drive the girls home again, but I refused this time. I told her we were having pizza and a movie night, so I wanted them home on time. Which was true!
We watched Hoppers tonight and then Jonas had six friends from his high school group over to watch Forrest Gump afterwards. I might have gone a little overboard with snacks, but I want people to like coming to our house!!! I did a whole nacho spread. It was amazing. Thankfully, Jonas wasn't embarrassed at my efforts; he was happy. Worth it!
Clem comes home tomorrow!!!!!


Comments
Post a Comment