July 11, 2026 - Saturday
We made it! We got up at 5:20am and got into the car at around 6:20am. The trip felt long. I was so sleepy and every time I wanted to go to sleep, Ben would tell me he was about to fall asleep, so I didn't feel like I could nap very much. Ollie was bored. She tried to contain her complaining, but she started asking how much longer every five minutes on the second half of the trip. I just hate having to drive so far to everything we do. It drives me nuts. Ben had me drive for the last stretch and it was, of course, the traffic stretch. But thank God I was driving because Ben gets really angry in traffic and, this way, we were all still in reasonably good moods when we arrived. It is hot and muggy. I wish there was a breeze, but the cottage is air conditioned and I spent most of the afternoon getting it unpacked and organized. I went to bed with Ollie around 10:30pm (crazy!!!) and Ben and Jonas stayed out at the fire with Eddie. Ruby slept in dad and MJs camper and Clem went to bed on her bunk at the same time as me and Ollie. Hopefully sleep goes ok for all of us!
* We were so excited to run across a 7-11 on 7/11!!! Free small slurpees for all!








Comments
Post a Comment