July 14, 2026 - Tuesday
This morning, Ted and Tasha made a family breakfast for my family, theirs, dad and MJ, and Skyla and Zayden. They thoughtfully included turkey bacon, which made me and my girls happy. We hung out at the table for a while afterwards, really until it was about time to get the crabs back out. Ben went for a run. The girls and Jonas went off and hung out with cousins, doing their own things. Actually, the kids did a campground-hosted scavenger hunt and Clem, Ruby, Ollie, and Bailey WON!!! I sat at dad's and visited with him, Marme, Ted, and Tasha. MJ fried up some crab bodies for me with butter and garlic because she knows it's my favorite. :)
In the afternoon, I went over to the pool with most of the kids and it was actually hot enough for me to get in. Honestly, I got a little too cool in the water, though, and had to get out pretty quickly. Ben and all of the kids left me, and I hopped in the pool one more time before leaving. It was a pretty relaxing afternoon. There was an impromptu water balloon fight that the kids enjoyed immensely. Neither me nor Ben participated at all, but people were having a great time!
The same crew as this morning had one more meal together before Ted's family leaves tomorrow morning. I made BBQ chicken and Tasha did crockpot mac and green beans. When that was over, I took ALL of the kids, including Zayden, over to the "dance party" the campground was hosting. Back in the day, the dance parties were off the hook. The whole pavilion would be PACKED with dancing people, the music was loud, the lights would be going everywhere, and every Bowman would be out on the dance floor. This dance party was womp womp....womp. The music was extremely quiet, it was really bright, and there were two kids dancing around inside the pavilion. That was it. I tried to get the kids into it, but they were all looking at me like, why? We hung out for about a half hour and I taught them a couple of the line dances, but that was it. After that, we walked to the beach and watched the sunset with some family. That was a nice time. And then, in the evening, most people went to play volleyball for a couple of hours, while me, Ben, and a few other non-volleyballers stayed back around the campfire. Not looking forward to the temp heating up tomorrow! It's been so nice having these cool evenings and nice breezes to keep things chill.






Comments
Post a Comment