June 29, 2026 - Monday
Today was meant to be a stay at home, relax all day kind of day. Instead, I felt like I was gone almost all day! I mean, we weren't, but that's how I felt. We left at 10:45 to get to BJJ, where I sat and talked to Marcela about gardening and French for the entire hour. Afterwards, we came home and ate some lunch, then headed over to the library. I thought we'd be there for an hour, but we were there for more than two. I finally ran out of patience with being away from home and decided to head out. Christina was there and offered to bring the girls home when they finished up, so I took Jaxon with me and dropped him off on the way home, after picking up my Target order.
I got home and started prepping dinner (hence the feeling of the entire day being gone) and, meanwhile, the kids started getting on my nerves. Really, it was just little Ollie. She's so cranky today! She keeps crying and whining and I just want her to go to bed. At least dinner was mostly a hit!
I'm leading small group on Wednesday and I feel conflicted about it. They usually put about 5% effort into their "teachings", but that's not really my style! I know nobody knows what the heck is going on in Revelation so far, so I wanted to do a heavy recap of what we've covered. Ben thinks I'll be embarrassed or that people won't appreciate my efforts, but he's annoying me with all of his doubt and anxiety. Just back off! He doesn't want me to become even more angry with the group. But, here's the thing: God's Word deserves more than just a few discussion questions. It deserves to be studied, and pored over, and to have attempts made at understanding it. He gave it to us! We shouldn't just rake our eyes over it and then let the words slip from our minds because they were too complicated. Anyway, I prepped a lot and maybe I will feel annoyed out how badly discussion goes or frustrated because people are rolling their eyes or not engaging, but I still feel like it's the right way to do it.


Comments
Post a Comment