July 24, 2026 - Friday
The girls were playing library for hours last night and today and it was the cutest thing ever. They have their desk set up and their books on display. I just love it. I'm not loving that it's now nighttime and they stopped playing 12 hours ago and everything is still out in the hallway though. 😅
Jonas went to BJJ today and then we had Seth and Max over to hang out with Jonas for the day. I worked on getting Jonas signed up for wrestling at Davidson for, literally, three hours. SO MUCH PAPERWORK. He's not even sure he wants to do it! It's absolutely crazy to me how many forms need to be signed and just how much work I had to put into getting the admin part of this process done. Hate it. I spent hours yesterday trying to get him registered for classes at Columbus State. Such a long process! Everything related to Jonas is hard work nowadays, it feels like.
In the evening, we had the Shauls over for a hangout. I got Aldi pizzas and made some caprese salad with basil and tomatoes from the garden, which was delicious, as always. When Anne and Brittany came to pick up their boys, they weren't done playing MtG yet, so they hung out on the deck with me and Kylienne for 20 min or so. I feel so sad for Ky. She so desperately wants and needs connection and friendship, but she just doesn't know how to get it. She closed up like a little clam when the ladies were here. But, once they left, she was right back to being open and chatty. They ended up staying too late, but it was a good visit. We won't have a chance to hang out with them until almost September, so I'm glad we managed to get this in.

Comments
Post a Comment