July 15, 2026 - Wednesday
Today was the first boring day at Cherrystone, and the hottest so far. It felt like it was 110 degrees. Absolutely sweltering, humid, sun-beating-down, awful. At home, when it gets like this, I just stay inside. When I'm on a camping trip with 40 members of my family, I don't have the same luxury. I have to be out there or I'm being a jerk.
Ted and Tasha's family left right at noon today, so we spent the morning visiting with them and getting some laundry washed. Ollie was completely out of clothes and I think Ben was out of underwear. Laundromats tend to go a lot quicker than home though! So it was all done in about an hour. Then, Ben and I went on a quick lunch date to this BBQ place right outside of the campground. The food was delicious, but we were only there for about 30 minutes because service was very prompt too. It's always weird to go on a date, but everything goes really quickly, so you kind of feel like you have nothing left to do so you might as well just go back. We ran to the grocery store, but Ben was very agitated while we were there and kept wanting to leave without getting all of the things we were supposed to get.
I guess it's that phase of the month where I really hate people and wish that everyone I don't like would just disappear. That kind of includes Ben right now. He is on my gosh darn nerves. Such a complainer! Everything is just sooooo awful. And he doesn't even see that he's constantly complaining. It does make me wonder, though, if he's actually just a verbal processor. Maybe, in his mind, he's not complaining a lot, just because he happens to voice things (only to me, of course) that other people just keep inside their heads. IDK if that even makes any sense. But I am not in the mood to hear it. Yes. It's freaking hot. I know. PLEASE stop telling me every minute!
In the evening, we had dinner with dad & marme, played a little cornhole, then sat around the fire with cousins while the kids (Jonas age - 22yo) went crabbing all night. I wanted to stay up later, so I was up until midnight, but it stressed me out! And it still wasn't late enough. I got made fun of for going to bed so early again. *eye roll* I guess I'm just lame. I don't mind missing out all that much though!
I barely took any pictures today. I was just so hot and I was so miserable. Those three girls are Riley (Eddie's youngest), Megan (Riley's bestie), and Marisa (Lisa's youngest). I thought they were so cute sitting around planning their weddings: where they'd have them, who would be in them, and what their dresses would look like. The other pic is of the crabbing crew. :)


Comments
Post a Comment