July 3, 2026 - Friday
This morning was super chill. I started a new puzzle and made some tea, sat down and just hung out doing that for a couple hours while the kids played. Then, I got a text that said Clem would be getting home at 1, rather than 3! Ben and Jonas were out playing MtG with some friends and he had the van, so he came home early, which he was bummed about. I could have taken the car and even offered to, but he doesn't feel right making me drive it around. Maybe it's almost time for a new car. Not that we can afford one. Not even close.
Anyway, he got home and we went over to Main Campus to get Clem! It was soooo great to see her smiling face! I missed her so much. She ran across the parking lot and straight into my arms, like something out of a movie. :) She told us all about her amazing week on the drive home. It sounds like she had the best time ever. She couldn't stop talking about it all afternoon! We had some dinner, then headed downtown to Ben's office for the Red, White, and Boom fireworks. We had the floor to ourselves this year, which was fantastic! The elevator came immediately when it was over, which was such a relief to Ben, and then we drove home. It was a great day!

Comments
Post a Comment