July 10, 2026 - Friday
It was the ultimate prep day and it was terrible!!!! I didn't stop moving from 9am until 10:30pm. Ben was having the most chill work from home day ever, chilling and looking at news, and listening to music, and playing games on his phone. Here I am, rushing around sweating, crying at times, completely panicking. It was really an awful day and I wanted to cancel the whole damn trip for most of it. It felt impossible to get everything into the car. We ended up taking a seat out, at Jonas's suggestion and, honestly, it's the only reason we were able to get everything in. It rained on and off all day, but I managed to get outside and harvest a bunch of stuff from the garden. I had to take hours of valuable time to process it all before it went bad, which was anxiety-inducing. I would have been so excited about it if I hadn't had to rush! But I'm drying the calendula and chamomile for later - salve and tea, respectively. I'm using the daisies for a bruise balm and got them marinating in oil so that I can make the balm after I get back. I just picked a little lettuce for our sandwiches for tomorrow and pickled both the jalapenos and the hot banana peppers, even though there really weren't enough banana peppers to pickle today. I've gotten three huge ones already, but they go bad so fast! I cleaned, trimmed, and froze all of the green beans and got the cilantro ready to take with me on the trip. I really hope it lasts until Monday evening for the Mexican street corn I'm making for our family dinner. We'll see! I had to compost the kale. I wanted to make a nice salad with it to take with us, but I just ran out of time.





Comments
Post a Comment